As the flu season is quickly approaching, there has been more information regarding the possible increase of the H1N1 flu virus. The H1N1 can be highly contagious. The symptoms of H1N1 are fever, coughing, sneezing, fatigue, runny nose, sore throat and body aches. Flu is respiratory but may have some nausea and diarrhea associated with it. Adams Central Community Schools are taking precautions against the flu. We have been in close contact with the Adams County Health Department regarding the H1N1. Prevention is the key. Here are some ways to help protect you:
- Practice frequent and appropriate hand washing with soap and water or alcohol hand gel.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your sleeve when coughing or sneezing. Don’t cough or sneeze in your hands.
- Encourage no sharing of food or drinks with other students.
- Wash your hands after blowing your nose or handling a dirty tissue. Dispose of tissue in the wastebasket.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick with a fever.
- Avoid touching your eyes and mouth. Germs spread that way.
- If your child is sick, please keep him/her at home.
Adams Central Community Schools are making every attempt to:
- Educate students and faculty on proper hand washing.
- The schools will be:
- Disinfecting all door handles throughout the building daily.
- Disinfecting all light switches throughout the building daily.
- Disinfecting all restrooms daily.
- Disinfecting all cafeteria tables between each student meal rotation time.
- Disinfecting student desk tops.
- Disinfecting locker room floors daily and after sporting events.
- P.E. equipment disinfected after use.
- Installing hand gel dispensers in the cafetorium.
- Providing all classrooms and locker rooms with hand sanitizer.